I’ve always enjoyed planning parties and I don’t do it nearly enough. I always have ideas that never come to fruition; decorations I never get around to making and a lot of the things I want to do are just that: wants. But this time was different!
My sister in law (who is also one of my best friends since high school) is pregnant with a little boy who is due in October. I wanted to do a book theme (because really – who doesn’t love books??) and make it bright and colorful and just… super happy. I had all these ideas for decorations and for once, they actually came together and it turned out exactly how I wanted it to. I enlisted the help of my other sister in law and a mutual friend and my mother in law. I couldn’t have asked for a better team!!
I’ll let the photos speak for themselves.
- the food table! veggie tray, chocolate covered strawberries, cookie dough truffles, peanut chews, white chocolate popcorn and drinks. gumballs as decorations! We also had garlic artichoke dip, antipasto skewers, bacon-wrapped smokes and chicken/garlic puffs.
- little golden book image covers taped to pop sticks as decorations
- mason jars as drink holders with cute stripey straws
- homemade colorful poms (courtesy of martha stewart!) hung above the gift table and food table. Books and blocks for decorations
- display of truffles, popcorn and chews. Savory food also included wonton wrappers (sausage with diced red pepper and diced black olives with a little ranch dressing mixed in, baked in wonton-lined muffin tins)
- the party planners and guest of honor
- these were laid on the tables for guests to fill out during the shower and then given to Heather at the end.
- centerpieces were stuffed animals “reading” books with balloons tied to them
- I had an extra Peter Rabbit book laying around so I decopauged images from the book onto candle holders
- Cake table. Oreo cookie pops (made by me) for guests to take home as favors. PJ is baby’s nickname 🙂 Top of cake read “Welcome Little One – Your story’s just begun!” How perfect is that?? Brilliant mother in law 🙂 She even made a little book to go on top of the cake. Cake is surrounded by some of Heather’s favorite childhood books.
- beautiful ladies 🙂